14-May-2021, Current Affairs in English
1. Which team is ranked first with 121 rating points when the annual update of ICC Test team rankings is released?
Answer: Indian Test Team
On the release of the annual update of ICC Test Team Rankings, the Indian Test team is at the first position with 121 rating points.
2. According to the report released by Forbes magazine, who ranked first among the highest-grossing players in Forbes 2020?
Answer: veteran mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor.
According to the report released by Forbes magazine, veteran mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor has been ranked first among the highest-paid players in Forbes 2020.
3. Who has been appointed the new head of coordination of human affairs in the United Nations Office?
Answer: Martin Griffiths.
Martin Griffiths has been appointed as the new head of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
4. Dr. Shakuntala Harak Singh Thilstad, a global nutritionist of Indian origin, has been awarded with which award in the year 2021?
Answer: World Food Award 2021.
Indian-origin global nutritionist Dr. Shakuntala Harak Singh Thilsted has been honored with the 2021 World Food Prize 2021 Award.
5. Which former AAP MLA has died after being hit by Corona?
Answer: Jarnail Singh.
AAP MLA Jarnail Singh has died due to corona.
6. Which country has imposed a fine of Rs 904 crore on Google for not allowing a government app to run on Android Auto platform?
Google has been fined Rs 904 crore for not allowing an Italian government app to run on the Android Auto platform.
7. How many new cases of corona have been reported in the last 24 hours in the country?
Answer: 3,2,896 (3997 deaths).
In the last 24 hours, 3,42,896 (3997 deaths) new cases of corona have been reported in the country.
8. Who has been appointed by the BCCI as the new head coach of the Indian women’s cricket team?
Answer: Ramesh Powar.
The BCCI has appointed Ramesh Powar as the new head coach of the Indian women’s cricket team.
9. The chairman of the Times Group has died at the age of 84. What was his name?
Answer: Indu Jain.
Indu Jain who was the Chairman of Times Group has passed away at the age of 84.
10. Who has been appointed as the Prime Minister of the country once again by the President of Nepal due to opposition parties not receiving the trust vote?
Answer: KP Sharma Oli.
Nepal’s President KP Sharma Oli has once again been appointed as the Prime Minister of the country after the opposition parties could not get the trust vote.